Attaching earth to brass banjo?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got to the point where I am earthing inside a plastic housing and I need to earth my Swa gland.

I know I need to crimp the earth and the screw and nut it to the banjo, but can anyone point me in the right direction for a 20S?

I read that you can't just use any metal bolt and lug. The only places near me are screwfix, toolstation and b&q

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I mount the gland to the box with the banjo trapped between the box and the gland and drill a hole straight through, fitting a brass M4 screw on the outside and a flylead to the E terminal and nut on the inside.

I mount the gland to the box with the banjo trapped between the box and the gland and drill a hole straight through, fitting a brass M4 screw on the outside and a flylead to the E terminal and nut on the inside.
With an extra locknut presumably on a plastic enclosure (as the OP has)?

Many banjos have an M8 hole these days, even the 20mm ones. Stupid! You can get M6, M8, M10, M12 brass set screws/nuts from most wholesalers. Many sparks use galv roofing bolts (cable tray etc) for the banjos, but this is heavily frowned upon.

Many banjos have an M8 hole these days, even the 20mm ones. Stupid! You can get M6, M8, M10, M12 brass set screws/nuts from most wholesalers. Many sparks use galv roofing bolts (cable tray etc) for the banjos, but this is heavily frowned upon.
You must use a better wholesaler than we do!

I have not done a vast quantity of SWA- plastic jointing: every day's a school day as they say.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back