attractive solar panels!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

All the houses on this little estate (20 houses) have been fitted with these "integrated" solar panels. What a fantastic idea! Never seen them anywhere else. I'm guessing they are more expensive than normal panels, but I would think if these were the norm, far more people would be attracted to solar panels!

One question I have is some of the panels appear a different colour to others. An obvious guess is hydro heating panels, but you wouldn't normally fit them in the middle of the PV panels. :?:

By the way I don't make a habit of secretly photographing strangers' houses from my car. :LOL:

And yes they are CFL streetlamps - the worst streetlamps in the world. Thankfully Rotherham council are phasing them out and replacing with LEDs at quite an eyewatering pace. Don't know where they got the money from.

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't actually call them attractive, just less ugly.

As solar panels do wear out, when they need replacing, that would mean a new roof (or most of it).

Although I suppose by then, a small 'cell' the size of a postage stamp will produce more energy than an entire roof does now, be much more attractive and easier to install ;)

They got some of it from me.

And some of it from an old person in fuel poverty who then died from a hypothermic condition because they became so fuel poor that they could not afford enough heating.

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't actually call them attractive, just less ugly.

As solar panels do wear out, when they need replacing, that would mean a new roof (or most of it).

Although I suppose by then, a small 'cell' the size of a postage stamp will produce more energy than an entire roof does now, be much more attractive and easier to install ;)

Be great if a solar panel could produce more energy than the amount of solar energy falling on it. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back