Audio Entry Phone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello - can anyone help please. I want to replace a BPT 5 wire entryphone with a Comelit2608. The wiring points on the BPT are 1-2-3-C-4. 1=Common, 2=Speech Out, 3=Speech In and 4= Call (2 wires into same port) (C is not in use). The wiring points on the Comelit are L-L-CFP-CFP-P1-C1-S+ and S-. Can anyone please tell me what wire to connect to what port. With thanks

Sponsored Links
Can't be done.

Comelit 2628 (which is what you appear to have according to the terminal numbering) is a Simplebus system and only compatible with other Comelit Simplebus systems.

You'd need to replace with another BPT 4-wire system handset. I don't think conventional 4+n wire systems are compatible with BPT

http://www.intercomsrus.com/shop/proddetail.php?prod=bptagatac200

Old

1 Common
2 Speech Out / Lock
3 Speech In (Speaker)
4 Call

New

5 Common
9 Speech Out / Lock
8 Speech In (Speaker)
7 Call

OK thanks for that. I was told that the Comelit was a generic entry phone and could be used to replace my old entry phone. Nevermind will have to look around for a truly compatable unit.

that comelit isn't, and BPT systems have their own peculiarities anyway. Someone with more experience than me of BPT 4-wire might be able to advise how to use a generic 5-wire handset on them.

Sponsored Links
YC200 and YC300 are outwardly very similar, but different electronics inside. That's why having a look inside at the terminal numering is useful.

As the 200 system uses the same wire for speech out and lock, it's unlikely to be a broken building wire, so either a faulty / broken wire in the handset or the microphone capsule has failed.

As the 300 system uses the same pair of wires for everything, it's unlikely to be a broken building wire or it wouldn't work at al

Edit -- this was actually intended for the other intercom thread I was replying to

2603 u is the universal handset and according to the spec sheet it works with BPT but to be honest a yc200 uk or newer handset will be cheaper and less troublesome , but this depends on what system you have now ? Is it a single way unit or something else as Tyne tec used BPT on there systems

2603 u is the universal handset and according to the spec sheet it works with BPT but to be honest a yc200 uk or newer handset will be cheaper and less troublesome , but this depends on what system you have now ? Is it a single way unit or something else as Tyne tec used BPT on there systems

I bought it on E-bay so did not pay very much money. I thought I had done my research. I have seen the BPT replacements for about £14 so my mistake
will not cost me too much. Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back