Automatic cars.

Sponsored Links
So, you've been driving 40 yrs, all of them in a MANUAL and NEVER had a crash yet you want manuals banning because they are dangerous, don't quite make sense that??? :confused:

Nothing to do with danger. Surely we've got good enough auto cars by now do do away with a silly gearstick so we can concentrate on driving?

We had manual gears because we couldn't make automatics in the early days.

Sponsored Links
Too cool for me Joe:cool:

On a serious note, have a look at Chris Gilbert here. I was lucky (very lucky) enough to spend a couple of hours driving with him. The man is an outstanding driver.

Even watching it now I still miss things he spots!

Does high speed pursuit training make you a good driver?
Would hardly think it.

I know a rally driver who pursued thieves who were driving a fast get away car after they tried to rob his filling station.
He was driving a sluggish jeep.
They couldn't shake him off. Through country roads and then the city where other coppers finally nailed them.
He'd have dozed them off the road had the coppers not intervened.

Does high speed pursuit training make you a good driver?
Would hardly think it.

I know a rally driver who pursued thieves who were driving a fast get away car after they tried to rob his filling station.
He was driving a sluggish jeep.
They couldn't shake him off. Through country roads and then the city where other coppers finally nailed them.
He'd have dozed them off the road had the coppers not intervened.

It makes you a very good driver, the training is to make you a safe driver...the speed come last.

If you can't handle speed then you're not a good driver.
Watched your link. Didn't see any good driving in it.
Just a guy giving a rolling commentary whilst driving slowly.

If you can't handle speed then you're not a good driver.
Watched your link. Didn't see any good driving in it.
Just a guy giving a rolling commentary whilst driving slowly.

Then you are blind!

Chris Gilbert instructs and examines at the highest level of advanced driving, Class 1. He is one of only a few drivers in the UK qualified to instruct pursuit drivers to drive at 155mph.

He has been training pursuit drivers to drive at speed and safety for nearly 30 years, hes never had a crash or collision.

You may have heard 'Roadcraft', the driver manual for pursuit driving, used worldwide? Chris was one of the men that wrote and devised it.

There is no one in the country that is qualified to drive at a level higher than him........and you say he drives poor :LOL: :LOL:

The driving in the link was poor. Yes indeed.
Is this what we waste our taxes on?

Sponsored Links
Back