Avoiding flashing on a car-port

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
I am building a carport with polycarb roofing on a wooden frame. At one side will be a wall-plate bolted to the house wall. It is on the lee side of the house.

I don't really want to gouge out the mortar for lead flashing, and I don't want anything stickly like flashband or silicone, as the wall will be disfigured if/when the carport is no longer required.

Any other ideas?

Sponsored Links
I am building a carport with polycarb roofing on a wooden frame. At one side will be a wall-plate bolted to the house wall. It is on the lee side of the house.

I don't really want to gouge out the mortar for lead flashing, and I don't want anything stickly like flashband or silicone, as the wall will be disfigured if/when the carport is no longer required.

Any other ideas?
Also dont like mess left by flashbanding, but you have to do something to make a seal. I would go for a trad lead flashing but im sure other will come along with other thoughts.

Daniel

Why do you think water will come through anyway? It soaks into the bricks. When was the last time you saw water streaming down the wall?

I was hoping I could just leave it, or perhaps put a triangular section just above to prevent water getting down the gap onto the wall plate

Sponsored Links
I was hoping I could just leave it
Well thats the other option. Obviously it slightly depends how dry you want it, but as its only a carport assuming your not putting anything against that wall then go for it.

Most carports I see then to gain a wall at atleast one end, at which point that corner is dry enough for a washing machine and the like, but that might not be your intention.

Daniel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back