Back bedroom and kitchen beneath freezing every night

also the kitchen is directly below and has a chimney open area where the cooker is and its directly below where damp is, but the chimney has been removed in the bedroom, but i am wondering if the steam is going through the ceiling to the bedroom above as can feel the cold breeze through the floor in that room

Sponsored Links
A small oil filled radiator would take the chill off. In the 50s when I was a kid we had to scrape the ice off the windows each morning.

so it wont make much worse impact with the condensation do you think? shall i buy a dehumidifier for the room?

also the kitchen is directly below and has a chimney open area where the cooker is and its directly below where damp is, but the chimney has been removed in the bedroom, but i am wondering if the steam is going through the ceiling to the bedroom above as can feel the cold breeze through the floor in that room

What kind of cooker is it? You could probably do with getting the chimney investigated, maybe an extractor fan venting to the outside wall.

Sponsored Links
its just a electric one, there definately isnt a extractor fan in kitchen and i noticed steam does go up chimney that why i wonder if going in the bedroom, would a dehumidifier help in the bedroom, and could i still use a old radiator in the room

so it wont make much worse impact with the condensation do you think? shall i buy a dehumidifier for the room?

No. Stop making a drama. All bedrooms get a bit cold.

its just a electric one, there definately isnt a extractor fan in kitchen and i noticed steam does go up chimney that why i wonder if going in the bedroom, would a dehumidifier help in the bedroom, and could i still use a old radiator in the room

You would get cooking smells in the room if that were the case.

A dehumidifier is not the answer if the main cause is the steam going up the chimney, you are better off fixing the source of the issue.

You would get cooking smells in the room if that were the case.
that doesnt happen

A dehumidifier is not the answer if the main cause is the steam going up the chimney, you are better off fixing the source of the issue.

there is no cooking smells in that bedroom, other guy said there would be the smell in there if that was the case? room does get very very cold and with a small child in there i do want to get decent heat in the evenings while he sleeping

A nice comfy quilt and a small rad will be fine.

In your photo it shows a small panel radiator ( central heating ) is it not easier to upgrade to a larger double radiator.
The one in there looks a bit small.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back