Back to back toilets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I'm considering changing a bedroom into a family bathroom. The bedroom backs onto a ensuite so all the pipework is there & easily accessible. Problem is the toilets. I'd have 1 in the middle of the bedroom wall & 1 offset on the other side in the ensuite. My question is will this cause problems if I T them into the same pipe (I have no other options). Please see crap drawing.
Cheers

Attachments

• 14742674355461269130525.jpg
    14742674355461269130525.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 122
Sponsored Links
I don't see an issue teeing into same pipe, provided it has adequate fall to the stack. I would try and offset the pans though, dead opposites could cause an issue with contents of one pan crossing over to the other when flushed, hence the need to offset.

Cheers mate
I'd been told I'd have same problem just using a T into horizontal pipe as they'd only be offset by a couple of hundred mm at most. You don't think when 1 toilet flushes other will start bubbling?
Thanks for your help

As @Hugh Jaleak mentions, as long as they are staggered on the horizontal run and the fall is adequate towards the stack and it's 110mm soil pipe then there should be no issues with cross flow or syphoning.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back