Balanced central heating using a CDi 42

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

At my old house I had a CD32 it was a five bed semi, all rads had thermo valves and the system was balanced well as in all heated up together and then the thermo valves shut off accordingly with the main hall radiator having valves (non thermo) open both ends. This was of course where the thermostat was.

New house is a bigger four bed detached and plumber suggested CD37 or 42 but we ended up going for the bigger one due to hot water demand (2 bathrooms and cloakroom) and possible loft conversion later.

Anyway, the whole system needed re-doing as it was run in 15 all the way (purchased the house off a plumber who had lived there for year and done the central heating himslef!). Downstairs was finished first and new boiler fitted. Every time I change a radiator to a new one (the old ones are the non fin type, they're that old) I fitted a thermo valve.

But got the upstairs going and the rads don't seem to get very hot until the thermo's downstairs start shutting off. The only difference with the old place is boiler was upstairs; in the new place it’s downstairs in the cloakroom.

Should I be adjusting the non thermo valve end on each rad downstairs to push the circulating water upstairs? I thought with a pressurised system there was less need to do this?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back