Ban on directional halogen lamps.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How many people wil be affected by this ? And what will they do when they need a new lamp ?

From September 2016, all mains voltage Halogen directional bulbs will be banned from being imported into the EU

Some stockists are advising a last time buy to avoid the need for a change of fiting when the lamps burns out.

Sponsored Links
What will people do?... presumably buy LED lamps instead. For all the talk of all the various kinds of bulbs that are supposedly banned I haven't had any trouble whatsoever finding suitable replacements for anything. True Tesco don't sell them and the boxes of eg 100w incandescent bulbs are marked 'rough service' but that is not a problem!

Sponsored Links
I think my projector uses a 12 volt bulb, but it has been some years since I have used it, well before we had switched mode power supplies so if 12 volt then new LED should fit.

I seem to remember there is a law about manufactures servicing their products with availability of spare parts for a set number of years, so if the product will not work with quartz bulbs they will need to recall and modify the product?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back