Basin waste into shower waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Currently pulling my hair out doing my en suite.mrs wants the usual flush fitting shower tray but don't think it can be done with the setup I've got.

My only compromise is bring it closer to the floor. Currently the basin and shower waste run over each other into the waste pipe.

My question is can I merge the two into one run using some kind of t piece allowing me to lower my shower tray due to just one waste pipe run

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes, don't those low profile trays look lovely in the showroom?

No nasty waste pipes to muck things up there.

If it helps; you could join could join the wastes together using a swept tee and using an an anti-vacuum trap on the basin or somewhat better a 32mm
air admittance valve on the basin waste pipe terminating as high as possible under the basin.

But this is poor practise. Better, assuming this is upstairs, is to run a new shower waste under the ceiling of the room below to the soil pipe.

Unacceptable? Start raising that tray...

Thanks for the advice.
I take it you mean something like a hepvo waste trap and does this fit onto the basin instead of the standard p trap of further down?

Why do they never make these Things easy.

I have a bathroom adjacent to the en suite so was thinking about smashing through the plasterboard and feeding some waste pipes into that room but every option I think of seems like more and more destruction!

Joining the basin and shower wastes would allow me to bring the shower tray down a bit as a compromise

Sponsored Links
Guys,
It's looking likely I'm joining basin waste to shower waste this week.
Any chance someone can let me know where I should be fitting hepvo anti siphon traps and how many?
Also am I going to cause myself issues down the line with this setup as May not be easily assessable
Ta

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back