bath, basin, toilet different whites!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
oops, in the process of fitting our bathroom with a Carronite white bath and Ideal Standard White basin and toilet and the bath is sharp white the the other 2 an off white - they look no where near the same white. Surely this is not normal! what I have I done wrong? I got a feeling I 've messed up by not ordering from the same manufacturer for everything???

any comments??!!

Sponsored Links
they will never be exactly the same shade as they are different materials. post pictures so we can see. Ive fitted alot of IS stuff and never though it was a different white to other makes. your bath is a good choice and the sanitary a decent make.

I'll see if I can do pics dont know if it will show though. I bought these 2 makes knowing they were good - never gave a moments thought to different shades of white! Think I will have to take basin and toilet out and buy some stuff thats whiter. And it was all going so well.... good thing I havnt started the tiling lol

edit
Photos dont show the difference...

Last edited:
does anyone know a supplier whose basin and toilets are bright white?

Sponsored Links
With the new composite materials and finishes being used these days, it is a lot easier to mismatch whites when not buying from the same place. Bright white can mean anything I'm afraid. Maybe find a supplier that has Carronite baths and check against the other pieces?

Customer did it recently, toilet from Bathstore, shower tray from Wholesale Dom and a basin/vanity from Crest, all were different shades.

What a lot of fun was had after unpacking and sitting them side by side and then watching the customers reaction when it was pointed out. Poor lass nearly fainted. All sorted now tho.

madrab I've got to ask - how did you sort it?

I urged her to eat humble pie, take the stuff back and go back to one of the suppliers and buy the matching set.

She took the toilet and basin back, managed to get her money back and went back to WD and got stuff to match the shower.

should have done that myself but its all unpacked, assembled and loosely fitted. Looks like i will have to flog off the Ideal for what I can get and get something else. Cant wait to see the reaction of the guys at the counter I bought it off when I say what I bought wasn't white enougho_O

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back