Bath Hot Water Not Very Hot - a topic revisited

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening, I've looked on here for an answer to our question but haven't come across a complete answer ( I don't think).

My better half rent a flat that is just over a year old. I believe it has what is called a pressurised system with a hot water tank, a red smaller tank with a pressure gauge on it and another similar sized white tank to it's right.

We both like hot baths but despite all other taps in the flat (kitchen, family bathroom and ensuite) being very hot the bath water can only be described as slightly hotter than luke warm ! Maybe an exaggeration but you can hold your hand under after about 5 seconds of hot hot water.

My question is why ? It can't be that the boiler can't heat the water quick enough as that's obviously stored in the tank.

What are the red and white smaller tanks ? do these affect heat to the bath.

The bath taps are mixers so am I wrong to assume that these are not thermostatically controlled like the ensuite shower controls are ? Or will something be hidden behind the bath panel ?

Or could it be that it's a 'safety' thing to stop you scolding yourself in the bath although you can on every other tap.

Sorry, lots of questions in a jumbled order but your help will be appreciated.

Hopefully I've added pics of the tanks correctly !

//www.diynot.com/network/Rubble/albums/[/img]

Sponsored Links
It would appear I haven't put the link on properly so need to re read how to do that ! Hopefully in the meantime I think they can be viewed via my profile?

Hmm I am technophobe :oops: :confused:
albums

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back