Bath mixer tap problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there im looking for the best solution to sort out the temperature on a bath mixer tap/ shower. The tap itself when you turn it on to full rate only gets lukewarm at best, now when you feel behind the outlet on the body of the tap its really hot, so i checked the system out they have a combi boiler feeding the boiler is a 15mm pipe from the stop tap but with a 15 ballfix valve on it which i think has been snatched on because the stop tap doesnt turn, the hot feed is 15mm going to the basin then tees into the bath carrying on all the way to the bath in 22mm, now the cold feed to the bath is from a tank above 22mm pipe gatevalve then 15 going to the basin and 22 going to the bath. The pressure from the tank/cold isnt as good as the mains/ boiler hot, i do think the mixer tap is faulty too if i changed the tap would this solve the problem with temperature?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is this a potential paying job you are carrying out?...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back