Bath taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
I have found out the size of the connectors but wanted someones opinion - hopefully someone will reply. The taps came with back nuts but no wachers can anyone suggest what washers, if any, I will need when putting them on the bath, have read that taps need washers above and below either side of the bath.

Am worried becasue its a mixer tap and the whole thing is in contact with the bath do i neead a specific gasket or two normal wahsers and silicone the gap?

One other question - not plumbing related maybe someone could help - I have tiled the bathrooom and one i have installed and plumbed up the new bath I will start tiling the walls.

One side of the room the walls are stud partition with plasteboard, the other side are brick walls, which have been filled with concrete where i reomved the skirting boards, the wall is far from flat and am worried it will affect the tiling, should i plaster the other walls using dot and dab or try and take up the uneven ness with the adhesive?

Many Thanks

The finished result of your tiling will definately be better if you are tiling onto a flat even surface !!
And the job will be far quicker!

A suitable seal is always provided with the taps , usually a flat gasket with the deck type mixer!!

Ahhi i see, then maybe i need to chase up the gasket then as one wasn't supplied.

Is it easy enough to plasterboard?

Sponsored Links
I find that it is but I have watched numerous plasterers and "Dry Liners" (Labourers who have mastered the technique) well some have ;)

Maybe you could get advice from the plastering section!

Use plenty of adhesive a straight edge and spirit level and its not difficult!!

Bonded boards are availlable for wet areas (showers etc!!)

There is a piece of thin plastic that came with it, but thought it was just part of the packaging as it almost seems to be made out of very thin polystyrene, is this the gasket? I was expecting something out of rubber etc

MOst installers would just put some silicone under the taps, esp if its a plastic bath.
Get a long spirit level and see ho far out your wall is. If it's the dry end of the bath you could build it up with one-coat plaster, finish isn't important, but if it's a wet area, use one of the waterproof boards, som e of them are quite thin.

Great - do I use a rubber seal between the end and the underneath of the and do I use silicone around the join? for example as far as I think this is how I would assemble it, please tell me if im going wrong anywhere :)

1) the tap unit
2) under the unit is the thin gasket (I thought was packaging, duhh!)
3) This goes on top of bath, through the hoels
4) underneath, the end nut, (does this need a rubber washer of some sort?)
5) silicone the gap (if any) between the tap unit and bath
6) connect to water supply using a flexihose tap connector, (does this need a fibre washer or rubber washer or neither)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back