bath waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

When fitting the bath my plumber used a shallow bath trap for the waste. This would have been ok if it wasn't for the cradle which was in the way. So instead of finding an alternative way he just forced it on meaning that both joints were cross threaded because it was at an unusual angle. I fixed this by pointing the shallow bath trap in the opposite direction and then using a flexible pipe to go under the cradle. This work fine other than the fact that the flexible pipe isn't a tight fit on the joints. I remember knocking the pipe at one point and it flew straight out of the joint. Is there a way I can ensure a tighter fit?

Also, I notice there is a line of drips along the length of the base of the bath (it has been half full of water for the sealant) I find it hard to belive there are leaks along the length of the base of the bath so might this just be condensation? It is not a metal bath.

thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
might be a leak from the bath waste ?
the flexible connectors i use from toolstation have worked everytime...dont get the cheap ones...they are about £3.50 -£4 each and they do two diff type of ending to suit your situation

If there is cross threading you should renew ASAP.

Post a pic if you can so we can see what needs doing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back