Bathroom ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I’ve just joined this forum hoping I will be able to get some help with my DIY.
My first problem I have is in my bathroom.
On the ceiling it keeps going black in places. I’ve washed it many times but I wondered is their any paint or anything I can do to sort this problem out. I move in just under a year ago and the house is 102 years old. Nearly as old as me…… Ha Ha just joking.
Can anyone help please? :(

Sponsored Links
Its from condensation ,if you paint over it ,it'll just come back you need to deal with the condensation. Do you have an extract fan in your bathroom?

No but i leave the window open when im showering as it gets very steamy. ha ha no seriously i leave the window open,

Too much information lol .Id get a fan put in to draw the moisture out the building its not expensive to do.The window will let air in but wont take moisture out as well as a fan.

Sponsored Links
Can i buy one from b & q and fit it to a window myself or would a need a plumber or what do you recommend.

Try Polycell 3 in 1 mould killer then overpaint with an oil based eggshell.
I used to get problems until I did that. No problems in over 5 years now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back