Bathroom Earth Bonding on Towel Radiator

stl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have replaced a traditional radiator with a new chrome towel radiator and need to re-atach the earth bond. Previously it was attached direct to the rad, but now I am unsure how to attach it to the new towel radiator.

Any suggestions please?. The new rad is connected by 10mm micro bore exposed copper pipes. Could I connect the earth to this and is a conventional 15mm earth clamp suitable on 10mm pipe?

Any advice greatfully received?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Radiators do not require supplementary bonding as they are not extraneous conductive parts.

Radiators do not require supplementary bonding as they are not extraneous conductive parts.

They do if the copper pipework enters from outside the bathroom and the installation is not up to latest regulations ie RCD protection to all bathroom circuits, main protective bonding in place.....

If the copper pipes enter from outside the bathroom, the pipes need bonding, not the radiator.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the clarification.

The radiator pipes will need bonding then as lights not protected by RCD.

So any thoughts on a clamp to connect the earth to the 10mm copper pipes?

Thanks

any standard clamp can be used, if the end is too long then you can cut it back.
just make sure the wire is secure under the screw and the warning label is attached under the clamping screw nut, tighten the screw until it bites (holds the clamp so it cannot rotate) a little tweek to finish (don't overtighten as you don't want to pierce the pipe)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back