bathroom fan wont work? need help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi , been trying to wire up this little 4" bathroom fan , and cant seem to get it to work , i have even changed it in the shop thinking it was faulty , but it still dont work ? i have tryed different wire and fuses but still no joy , heres a pic of the fan and my wiring to see if i have done anything wrong ,,

thanks for any help in advance ,

ps its a timer fan but i dont want to use the timer , so i assume i can just bypass the timer bit , ?? as shown in the first diagram on instructions(see pic)
DSCF0048.jpg

fan-instructions.jpg

this really puzzling me , could it be a second faulty fan ?

sonik1

Sponsored Links
Looks like that diagram isn't intended for the model of fan you are using, link the live terminal to the SL terminal, and while you are at it, cut back and remake those connections into the fan, they are ****ing terrible, and earth into a piece of connector strip please, not just left loose

If its the timer version, you may have to loop the live to the switched live connection.

Why does it have a 13amp plug on it? It should be run via an isolator and fused connection unit.

sonik1 said:
its a timer fan but i dont want to use the timer , so i assume i can just bypass the timer bit , ?? as shown in the first diagram on instructions(see pic)
That's not a diagram for bypassing the timer - that's a diagram for a fan which doesn't have a timed overrun (and would have been cheaper to buy.. ;)). As the others have said, you need to link L & SL.

Adam_151 said:
Looks like that diagram isn't intended for the model of fan you are using,
Yes it is - the bottom left one.

link the live terminal to the SL terminal, and while you are at it, cut back and remake those connections into the fan, they are **** terrible, and earth into a piece of connector strip please, not just left loose
And replace the plugtop fuse - you've still got the 13A in there - should be 3A.

nstreet said:
Why does it have a 13amp plug on it? It should be run via an isolator and fused connection unit.
Not sure the whole flex connection thing isn't a bodge - I can't see a proper cord grip...?

Sponsored Links
ban-all-sheds said:
Err - bathroom fan?

Plug??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

might just be on a plug for testin. anyway, you need to link live and sw.live for it to work

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back