Bathroom fitter says the following is wrong.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
in our renovation we got the pipes replaced and new waste pipes put in based on the new position of shower.

I had a bathroom fitter visit and I wanted to show him around the job. He believes the following is incorrect. Thoughts?

1) where the bath is, there are 3 waste pipes (for basin bath and shower) he believes waste pipe shouldn't be on top of each other.

2) he says shower waste pipe doesn't have enough angle.

3) the shower pipes should have a internal plate.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_8101.JPG
    IMG_8101.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_8103.JPG
    IMG_8103.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_8105.JPG
    IMG_8105.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 238
Sponsored Links
Where are they on top of each other? Recommended fall on a waste pipe is 44mm per metre. They shouldn't be notched into the joist like in your second pic. Shower pipes could have a plate behind the wall, depends what kind of shower you're having. Why isn't the same person who did the pipework fitting the bathroom?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like 3 wastes have been taken through the wall and stacked on top of each other.
I'd have taken a single solvent weld 50mm straight through the wall and the joists to the shower, 50mm tee for the bath and 40mm for the basin and reduce at floor level with either reducing bosses at floor level or reducing fittings.

Last edited:
Seems like what the fitter said is reasonable to me.

You've got this far DIYing so why not continue. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back