Bathroom Halogen bulbs not working again....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
they have stopped working again!

last time was caused by a small section of melted wire into a junction box, which the spark replaced. It all worked fine for months until the other day. Switch on and nothing.

Ive been up to have a look above the lights and nothing is burnt this time. All connections appear to be solid too. The lights are free from any lagging etc.

One bulb looks a little black and may have blown. Would this cause the circuit to fail? I took out the offending bulb but still no luck. Would steam from the bathroom shower cause thes elights to fail? The bulbs arent the proper ones needed for bathrooms/shower rooms, but they have worked for years with no problems....

Any thoughts?
Thanks

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2067760#2067760#ixzz1TrYnRGth

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Yes, It seems from the number of queries these downlights are nothing but trouble.

Fashion is a strange phenomenon.

Fashion is a strange phenomenon.
Indeed.

5314l.jpg

5315l.jpg

5316l.jpg

But not necessarily in a bad way...

_1178538_arkadiusap.jpg

I get nothing but admiring glances when I go out in the top left outfit.
And the 'bottom' one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back