Bathroom/ kitchen speakers ideas and help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok this might sound a strange on but hopefully some one can help me clean up the rough edges on my idea.

I have some AirPlay speakers which I want to untalise in my barthroom and kitchen

My plan is to strip the speaker AirPlay pcb (similar size pcb to rasberry pi) and fit a wet room/boat speaker into the ceiling and connect this up.
The unit itself has a total of 15watts output and is powered by a 12v transformer, I know the acoustics may be poor but I'm only after background music as I have a full av setup in my living room.

What would people suggest for running power to this transformer, I did think extra socket in between floorboard and celing some where but on the safty side of things I'm thinking about a separate enclosure hidden away in a cupboard somewhere

Has anyone setup an air play system in their house?

Ideas and advice would be very helpful no matter if you have setone up or not and to cover ideas I may have not had

Keith

Sponsored Links
I would keep the transformer out of the bathroom and run only the 12v supply inside. Better still, run only the speaker wires inside.

That's what I was thinking, getting a socket that's reachable and installing the airplay card, then running no more than 5 meters of a good quality speaker cable to the speaker

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back