Bathroom shaver socket dry wall box problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I want to install a shaver socket in the bathroom, but have hit a bit of a snag due to the transformer at the back of the shaver socket sticking out too much to fit in the dry wall box I have got.

The box is 34mm deep and the transformer sticks out about 50mm.

Is it possible to buy deeper dry wall boxes, or do I simply cut a hole in the back of it?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Nick

Sponsored Links
You can buy extra deep dry liners which will acommodate a shaver socket.

Cutting a hole in the back of a shallow one is not a good idea.

Clicky

<edit> poo :(

Sponsored Links
I think that either of those will just about do it.

Any ideas where I can get one on the high street, rather than waiting for internet delivery.

The reason I need it now is because the box ideally has to go in before the tiling starts on Saturday. Otherwise it's going to be an ultra messy job getting it in!

Many thanks,

Nick

I think I'm going to have to hunt around tomorrow.

Many thanks!!

I think that either of those will just about do it.

Any ideas where I can get one on the high street, rather than waiting for internet delivery.

The reason I need it now is because the box ideally has to go in before the tiling starts on Saturday. Otherwise it's going to be an ultra messy job getting it in!

Many thanks,

Nick

What? Cut a hole the correct size, and fasten the dry lining box in when tiling is complete. If you put it in first and tile over the edges then what happens when you want to remove the backbox?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back