Bathroom spotlights?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I was wondering if anyone can help me with this. I have 5 bathroom spotlights taken out. 5 new ones to go in. I thought I had wired it ok but I think I am missing something crucial. Any help? I have pictures in my "lights" media album on here.

Attachments

• 1474210929183571306164.jpg
    1474210929183571306164.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 292
Sponsored Links
By the way I have 2 black wires coming down. Each with 1 blue and 1 red. In total, 2 red and 2 blue.

Two black cables; the wires are brown and blue.

What are you asking?
Where did the lamp holder come from?

105367-4984c3692d19cce9bdcf2bc1439b78d7.jpg
105368-c26aceb2cde484a8ae1031923b1d83df.jpg

Hey that connecter is what was fitted. With a small spot blub right into it. But i want to put my new ones in. I tried but nothing happened.

Sponsored Links
Someone told me that this is not "normal" so I appreciate that this might be beyond me and that I may need a pro. Thank you for your response so far though EFL

Old are 12V, new are probably 240V as it is marked L & N.

Pull on the existing wires, there may be a transformer for each one, these must be removed. Or possibly a single transformer for the whole lot, in which case it must be removed and new wiring installed to each light position.

Pssst Winston. Someone used the T word :whistle:

That's all right. As he said there may be a transformer there. Transformers do exist you know. I suppose he could have added 'or possibly there may be a switch mode supply'. Would that have satisfied you?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back