Bathroom tiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I decided to hire a tiler to do my bathroom, he has turned up in proper grump to start the job, the plumber left it ready to go , long and short he got the hump with having to move toilet himself and walked off the job.
So questions are A> how hard is it to tile bathroom
B. how do you tile floor when there are water pies to go round.

Help...i have half a bathroom...

Pete

Sponsored Links
I think some water preventing adhesive can do the job...
WTF is water preventing adhesive :rolleyes:

Think the link gives away your true motivation my friend. :rolleyes:

I decided to hire a tiler to do my bathroom, he has turned up in proper grump to start the job, the plumber left it ready to go , long and short he got the hump with having to move toilet himself and walked off the job.
Removing/replacing sanitary ware is standard procedure when tiling; he’s either a right cowboy, in which case he’s probably done you a favour, or he seriously under priced the job.

So questions are A> how hard is it to tile bathroom
Firstly ignore any advice about water preventing adhesive :rolleyes: .

Tiling is not rocket science but how good a job you make of it depends on your personal competence. Read the tiling sticky spend some time reading back through the archive posts before you decide to go ahead; good preparation & using quality trade materials of the correct type is as important as tiling skill.

B. how do you tile floor when there are water pies to go round.
You have to cut/drill the tiles to fit around the pipes; are they just water services drains?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back