Battery began drying again.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone, I know this is not the right way to start a thread, but I’m really sorry my situation is not allowing for it and I’m running out of my patience now. It’s almost a week I had replaced my alternator, but later this evening while I was on the road the battery began drying again. Luckily, I met one of my friends who is a mechanic (Apex automotive) in Edmonton and he made it to the parking lot where the battery showed only 10V of charge. He tried to jump start it, but the battery continued to dry within minutes. He told that this may be due to a defective alternator, but how come it. I honestly don't know what to do now. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Forgive my misunderstanding if you will, but when we say the battery is drying, we mean the electrolyte solution inside is boiling away due to massive over charging.....is that what you mean?
Or, if your battery is simply not holding it's charge, it's either an alternator fault or the battery itself which has failed due to an internal fault.
John :)

Sponsored Links
I think he means its 'dying'. Connect a voltmeter across it with the engine running, it should read about 14,4 volts, much less and the alternator isn't charging.

Peter

Back