Baumatic B10 electric hob faulty / cutting out - help !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

To cut a long story short the circuit breaker in my flat tripped earlier this evening. Unusual occurence as this has happened two or three times max in the 2+ years i've been here.

Anyways after a bit of resetting and switching things off and on i narrowed it down to the hob which was causing the breakers to trip.

However.........there is a twist.

After a bit of self diagnosis i've realised that the hob itself switches on and powers up as normal when you turn the dial. It goes onto power setting 1 and heats up fine. Turn the dial round one more click onto 2 and all is good. Turnit round one more click to 3 and off everything goes in house as the breaker trips (note the main breaker switch goes, not the individual switch for a specific room).

After further messing around with the four hobs i have found the issue to be consistent with all four of them having the same symptoms; ie all fine at 1 or 2 but onto 3 and it's adios. I have also had the four rings on in different combinations and also all on at the same time at level 2; again all fine but try and put the heat up to 3 or higher and it cuts right out.

Last used yesterday (Sunday 16th) and all working fine with all four rings used for cooking dinner with no probs.

The cooker sits seperately from hob but they both run off the same big red 'COOKER' button which is set into the kitchen wall. Oven and grill both working as normal and i even rattled them up to max output (230c) to see if they cut out but thankfully they warmed up as normal.

Perhaps a lot of that is irellevant but trying to give as much info above as possible!

Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

regards,
Steven.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back