Baumatic BDW13 Dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My dishwasher will start to fill with water and the initial spraying starts, however as soon as it tries to heat the trip flips and the thing stops. There is no cause immediately apparent. There must be a problem with the heating element (only cold water supply) but where do I start in identifying the problem? Any thoughts??

Sponsored Links
Hi nicko67,

I have the same fault with my dishwasher too!
Its the same make and model as yours.

Did you ever get to the bottom of the fault?

Neil (washing up in the sink is a nightmare!)

Sponsored Links
My Baumatic does just what yours does. Must be design fault.
Did you get any where ?

Hi
I have this dishwasher in a holiday home that I let out during the summer and at the start of every season we have the same fault. Beaumatic engineer said it is because the element is not concealed and if the washer doesnt get used for a while rust starts to eat away at it and once it gets through the top layer the element will short out and I have to have it replaced. He advises to wipe the element dry after every use and to leave the door open to avoid condensation when not in use. However, it didn't work and, fourth year on the run we just opted to change the dishwasher for one with a concealed element. So unfortunately it is a design fault in that the element rusts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back