BAUMATIC ELECTRIC OVEN AND HOB INSTALL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there.

I have brought a baumatic double oven (16amp) and a baumatic electric hob (30amp) and have wired the hob to the cooker socket outlet connection on wall which goes back the the consumer unit which has a 40amp breaker. The hob works but I was told I need to run another cable from a 20amp breaker in the cu to the oven..please tell me I dont because the kitchen has just been done and its hard to get the cable to the cu without it looking pants in white plastic trunking.
I tried at first wiring the cooker and hob into the terminal block from the cooker socket outlet but when I turned on the power it kept tripping!..help me experts.

Sponsored Links
sorry mate i would get a spark in because more knowledge is needed here.

30amp hob??

16 amp oven?

what KW are they?

SKILL said:
I tried at first wiring the cooker and hob into the terminal block from the cooker socket outlet but when I turned on the power it kept tripping!..help me experts.

Was it the MCB or RCD that was tripping? If it was the MCB then what did you expect? 30 + 16 = more than 40 :p If it was the RCD you did something wrong.

What size cable is run from the CU to the cooker point? How long is the run? Does it run through insulation/areas with high ambient temps? Is it buried in plaster/run in conduit?

Davy

Sponsored Links
If you apply diversity you'll get 29Amps.
Best you get a spark in to advise you though. The last thing you want is the fuse to blow on Xmas morning when everything is going full blast.

TTC

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back