Baxi 105 HE combi boiler expansion vessel question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
problem with my boiler, pressure goes up very quickly from 1.5 to 3 bar+ - I want to check the charge in the expansion vessel and see if diaphragm is ok, but can't get to it. I put my hand down gap at back of boiler and can feel the expansion vessel but can;t find the schraeder valve!! :oops: Is it possible to re-charge the vessel without removing from the wall? Thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
I am sure it is possible to recharge the air but sometimes an extension air tube is needed.

Tony

oh, thanks for your help Tony. Where about is the scraeder located on the vessel, as the boiler is high on the wall and with step ladders I can only feel in with my hand (just about)! Where could I get an extension air tube from, as my tyre foot pump is quite ancient?!

Sponsored Links
The schraeder valve is located at the 12 oclock position on the expansion vessel but in order to access it you will need to remove the support bar on top of the boiler, it is at the rear and has 4 x small self tapping screws holding it in place, remove these recharge the vessell then refit the bar, make sure you leave a system drain of some sort open when recharging the vessell

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back