Baxi 105e Boiler central heating not working, hot water fine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm new to this forum so please bear with me.

I've moved to a new property that has an existing Baxi Combi Instant 105e Boiler. The hot water works fine but when I've tried to fire up the central heating it doesn't work.

When I switch on the CH after 10 second the 'hot water tap symbol' flashes green, the ignition flashes yellow then goes solid. After about 12 seconds the 'hot water tap symbol' goes off and then about 30 seconds later the boiler stops. The radiators at no stage heat up.

I've looked in the fault finding manual and the according to this the 'radiator symbol' should come on green to begin with instead of the tap symbol.

Any suggestions of what the fault might be or anything I can try make it work / diagnose it further?

Sponsored Links
The flashing HW symbol is probably pre-heat. Meaning your probably not turning the heating on properly.

Is the timeswitch in the on position? Is the room stat turned up?

Sponsored Links
Check all external heating controls are on. Check for 240VAC at the switched live terminal on the boiler.

Also check the hw/ch knob has not broken, so will not turn on to ch.

Check for 240VAC at the switched live terminal on the boiler.
Fault finding starts here...... does the CH demand light come on?

On the boiler incoming terminal block, locate terminals 1 and 2. Isolate , label and disconnect any wiring on here and link the terminals 1 and 2.

Heating now works?

Baxpoti, you're probably the man to ask about a 105e if its ok to PM you?

If Baxpoti has anything useful to say then he should say it here or in the CC !

Elite Heat / Rob 884

I'm starting the heating by moving the switch on the the timer to the 'on continuous position as opposed to timer or off (if that makes any sense).

There is an external control a thermostat on the landing. Some (not all) of the rads also have thermostat valves on them too

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back