BAXI 105E - CH pressure going too high

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi my baxi 105e was new 2yr 3 months ago when i bought my new house, i had this problem from day 1 and as the builders ignored my snag list and never finished the sote i still have this problem unresolved.

when the Ch is on the pressure goes just beyond the 3 bar and leaks out the PRV, the PRV was replaced by a plumber just after we complained about the problem but that did not fix the problem, and he never came back. Once the system cools down the pressure is too low and does not heat the hot water very well.

whats causing my CH system pressure to go beyond the 3bar? im wondering if something has not been set up properly from day one.

cheers
rab

Sponsored Links
hi thanks for that i found the faq very helpful, i have found the air valve to leak when the centre pin is pressed in, so it sound slike this may be my problem and this fault has been there since i bought the house but the boiler will be out of warranty and the builders are gone with the wind.

Their are no 105e just over 2 years old , must be about 7 or 8 years old, baxi finished makin em years ago , unless its the 105 HE ,

Anyway if you have water coming out the shreader valve instead of air the expansion vessel requires replacing, fit anew one or fit an external one ,job done :LOL:

Sponsored Links
well its defo a combi instant 105e, the builders must have used older model boilers to save money.

i dont want to fit an external expansion vessel so ill look into getting the original one replaced.

ill see if the nhbc will entertain a claim as i have a fe other outstanding snags to be done

cheers
rab

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back