Baxi 105e Fan/Flue fault

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I was wondering if anybody could help! We have not hot water or heating.

The Fan/Flue fault LED is flashing.

We have had a new fan installed as the old one sounded like the bearings had gone. This didn't fix the issue.

I removed the flue (vertical through garage roof) and there were no splits or damage. Looked absolutely fine.

I've also tried another PCB board from a known working 105e. Still not working. It's also had a new pressure switch fitted.

In the beginning, if there was a call for water, if you lifted the cover from the boiler to allow more air in, it would fire. This no longer helps.

When asked for hot water or heating, you can hear the relays clicking on the PCB and then the fan kicks in. Then that's it, a few seconds later the FF fault LED blinks.

Can anybody help?

Thanks,

Nick

Sponsored Links
I use 'I' as in, my GSR did it.

He is on holiday until tomorrow and it has him stumped too.

I just wondered if anybody on here had came across something similar.

Well could you be a little more helpful?

He's normally very good.

He's used a brand new PCB from his van and a brand new pressure sensor but still no luck. Brand new fan installed too.

Have you any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
you wont get the answer on here Im afraid, its not something you should be touching and if you genuinely do have a registered installer he can ask in the Combustion chamber and he will get advice as to what the problem is , please do not keep trying to fix this yourself it is very dangerous

you wont get the answer on here Im afraid, its not something you should be touching and if you genuinely do have a registered installer he can ask in the Combustion chamber and he will get advice as to what the problem is , please do not keep trying to fix this yourself it is very dangerous

That kind of answer was all that was required.

Didn't need GSRs jumping on their high horses

Thanks again.

I genuinely do have a GSR. I was just trying to get some ideas of what it could be so I could relay it back to him. He is stumped. At first he thought it was an airflow issue as the boiler fired when he left a small gap on the combustion chamber cover. That doesn't happen any more, it just doesn't fire at all now.

Like I said, I was only after some ideas to pass on to my GSR.

++++++++++
Moderator's note
some unhelpful posts have been removed, as have some abusive ones

this site does not support DIY gas work
++++++++++

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back