Baxi 105e - Fault on fan or flue?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

I have a problem with my baxi boiler - got called home by the wife had she had no hot water or heating.

When I git back I noticed the system had a flashing warning light - this being "fault on fan or flue".

I striped the system down and started to investigate. Check the flue, not blocked - all fine.

I also checked the fan - when hot water is required, the fan works.

So both items highlighted as being likely problems are fine?

Any idea what it could be?

Please do not be too technical, as I am a novice - but always willing to have a go.

Reading elsewhere - it would appear to need the PCB replaced.

Many thanks

Dave

Sponsored Links
It could be the PCB but it could be other issues as well.

However, as these faults are combustion related I cannot give you detailed advice and suggest you contact a competent CORGI engineer.

Tony

try cleaning the venturis, these are on the fan area and are connected to the air pressure switch by the silicone tubes, even the slightest bit of dirt in these metal tubes prevents the switch from being made.
you may have to slide the fan assy out to get to these.

Sponsored Links
Venturi assembly has a bad habit of melting on these if the boiler overheats for any reason.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back