Baxi 105he Boiler Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I had a new boiler fitted about 18 months ago. i have had to top it up because the pressure keeps dropping. i have found a couple of joints that weren't as tight as they should (Compression) so have tweaked them up. i am currently decorating the front room so took off three of the radiators, closing the TRV's and lockshield valves. Have since put them back on, the pressure drop is worse now as i need to top it up a lot more and recently the pressure went down to just above zero (I am in the Army so work away, wife didn't have heating/hot water etc), i told her how to top up. i know that there could be a problem with the expansion vessel. can anyone shed any light please.
ian

Sponsored Links
Unlikely to have any problem with such a new boiler.

After draining any rads it will take a few days to stabilise and some bleeding and repressurising is needed.

Re pressurise to 1.5 bar and ensure wife checks it daily.

I have squaddy friend who has been in for a few years and served in all the lively places and now wants to leave and join us. hes never been promoted because he keeps being sent off somewhere exciting but says you have to be in the same place for a year to get promoted. Hes shown his assessments and they look quite good.

What Regiment are you in and what do you do?

Tony

Hi Tony
Thanks 4 the reply, will try this.
I am in the REME, am a Vehicle mechanic but work in a recruiting office at the moment. I only have two years left so am looking at what to do when i come out. Have been doing courses in elecs, plastering and am now studying plumbing in the hope to come out, work with a gas engineer and sit my gas exams.
i have served in both gulf wars as well as other exciting places lol

Were you posted to Nelson Mandela House in the late 80's?

Some right action with Del Boy down there.

Dave

Sponsored Links
hi dave

no never served at mandela house, action was a little hot for me lol

still having problems with boiler, having to top it up every day now, have checked for any visible leaks but can't seem to find any. anybody help.
thanks
Ian

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back