Baxi 2 60 PF Overheat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hoping someone can help
We have a Baxi boiler in garage
We live in a bungalow, occasionally we get a horrible banging in the pipe work / loft, water pours out of the expansion tank overflow and boiler shuts down on overheat.
I have replaced potentiometer and temp sensor (clipped to pipe work next to boiler)
Also fitted new pump approx 1 year ago. Seems to only happen when heating requested.
Any advice gratefully received

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
yes I believe so
It does still run even when boiler on overheat, but direction of wiring would lead me to believe it is, also when I have isolated boiler in the past no power to pump

Can you tell me where I would find this, there are loads of bits of copper around pump and cylinder
I have 5 22mm drops one of which is pump
1 to 3 port valve which links to pump at valve with 15mm coming off
2 would others with another 15mm - imagine the 2 15mm are the rad circuit
Another 22mm with drain cock at like level

IMG_0706.JPG

If you can catch the system doing it you need to test (multimeter) for power to the pump during overheat (banging/boiling), and also feel if the pump is actually running. It could be pump failure or pcb failure.
If both test to be sound then you may be looking at a faulty 3-port, I've seen the internals come away before and block the ports so stopping circulation and causing an overheat.

It usually happens once heating has been on a while, there is a cog on the bottom of the 3 port and I have felt this move when calling heating etc
Pump has lit display so pretty sure it's staying powered up and can hear it running

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back