Baxi 80e/105e Flue Extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just built a garage onto my house. Unfortunately the siting of this structure now means that my boiler flue is no longer on an external wall. I am aware that I need to remedy this quickly and don't need to be told that spending any time in the garage whilst the boiler is venting exhaust is a bad idea. I am also aware that the garage, although it has a breathable roof and a door which is by no means sealed will still restrict air flow to the boiler through its concentric flue.

The boiler is a Baxi 80e or 105e (impossible to tell from the outside casing). It currently has the standard horizontal flue and elbow. The flue run is less than 1m. I downloaded the original manual which states that 4m flue extension is possible. This is about enough to get me to the outside wall of the garage BUT it would require a 0.5m height gain. Is it OK to run 0.5m horizontal to get out of the original house wall and then 0.5m vertical to clear door height followed by a final 0.5m horizontal to reach the exterior? I understand that every 45 degrees of bend I add will mean an extra 0.5m on my calculation. If I could ascertain wether it is an 80e I'd have 5m to play with, but only 4m for the 105e. Any clue as to how to find out?

This would mean the flue exiting approx 0.5m above a door - not a problem as far as the diagrams in the manual suggest and would not need a cage guard either.

I also know I need to use a registered engineer/fitter for this job and DO NOT intend tackling it myself. I am merely doing my prep to find out what I need so that I feel able to converse clearly with that fitter.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
You are a fool if you have left the boiler turned on.

What does the manual say the equivalent length of the bends are?
I suspect it will make the flue too long.

Turn the boiler off and get a professional to relocate it.

Unles your garage is only 1.5 m wide I doubt you will be able to extend the flue enough the only option really is to have your boiler moved into the garage and extend the pipework

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back