Baxi 80e boiler - no pressure plus disconnected pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler has been working fine recently, until tonight when the water wouldnt heat up.

I checked the pressure guage and its at 0 :cry:

so assumed that using the black tap method would raise the pressure as it used to in my old boiler...

But nothing happens...

what else is confusing is that the silver braided pipe isnt attached anywhere!! so i am now assuming its not even attached to the mains?

Can someone have a look and tell me what i've got to do...as kids all need showers and I need to know if its going to cost me an arm and a leg as Im totally skint at the mo.. :(

Sponsored Links
attach the end of the braded hose to the non return valve (next one along) then use a screwdriver to open the valve at the connected end of the hose. top up to 1.5bar the close valve and remove filling loop.

Screw the open end of the braided pipe to the check valve ( the silver fitting) on the right hand pipe and open the other end valve with a screwdriver. Fill the system to 1bar, then shut off the valve with a screwdriver so the slot is across the pipes ( as it is now). Hope that helps

Mike.

BRILLIANT!!!

Its now working yay no more smelly kids!!

Thank you both for your replys, I owe you some beers!

:D

Sponsored Links
My boiler has been working fine recently, until tonight when the water wouldnt heat up.

I checked the pressure guage and its at 0 :cry:

so assumed that using the black tap method would raise the pressure as it used to in my old boiler...

But nothing happens...

what else is confusing is that the silver braided pipe isnt attached anywhere!! so i am now assuming its not even attached to the mains?

Can someone have a look and tell me what i've got to do...as kids all need showers and I need to know if its going to cost me an arm and a leg as Im totally skint at the mo.. :(

I have a spare soldering mat :eek: :rolleyes: ;)

LOL!...

It seems to be a common thing in my house...
The builders obviously wanted to finish the house quickly...

Hence the crunchy and uneven laminated floors, because they didnt have a broom to sweep the leftover plaster and rubble on the floor before fitting the flooring.

The lack of underlay and use of 2 strips of double sided sellotape under the original carpet.

So Im having fun finding all the lovely presents they left me :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back