Baxi 80e Crazy Temp Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I've got a problem with my Baxi 80E Combi that I'm hoping you guys can shed some light on. Here's what happens:

1. CH requested everything starts up OK and the burner comes on.
2. The heat builds according to the front panel, but not smoothly. The 30 light comes on, goes off, comes on again.
3. Shortly after the 40, then 50, then 60 lights come on. Then nothing further for about 15 -20 seconds.
4. Suddenly all the temp lights come on and the burner shuts off.

If left on, it repeats this cycle. Sometimes whichever is the highest temp light at the time flickers a bit too.

DHW does the same, but only jumps up to 70 (maybe because it's set to a lower temp than the CH?) and the burner stays on.

In the last couple of years I've replaced the PCB, plate heat exchanger and pump. Before that the diverter valve was replaced.

Any idea what this could be?

TIA,
dK

Sponsored Links
Probably a circulation problem. First suspect would be the pump, then a blockage in the system somewhere. Are all radiator valves / TRVs in the open position? Could be a temperature sensor problem. Needs a systematic analysis of where the heat gets to over time from first ignition in CH mode.

quite a common problem and tell you what it is. but....are you a registered ?

Thanks, do go on...or are you going to say "I COULD tell you but it's to do with the gas supply and since you're not a gas fitter I dare not just in case you try to fix it yourself and blow up half your street"? :)

Sponsored Links
Take that as a yes then.

Any suggestion as to what it's likely to cost?

your gassafe registered then? if so enter the combustion chamber, and i will tell you what the fault will most likely be. i wont give cost, as that will then likely give you an idea on what it is or could be. im not that daft

Apologies for the confusion, no. I was referring to my previous post about "I'm not telling you because..." which is exactly what you said, albeit much more succinctly.

If I can't do it myself, fair enough. It would be useful to know what it is and how much a plumber would charge to fix it in order to help me avoid getting ripped off, but if you don't want to tell me either then that's fair enough too. Thanks for replying anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back