Baxi back boiler & gas fire service costs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a ball park figure for servicing a Baxi 552 including land lord cert.

We priced one the other day and were told we were way to dear !!

Sponsored Links
Ask them if they want someone to do the work to make sure it's safe for the occupants, or someone to just sign the certificate to say it is.
What was your price anyway? Any other appliances?

Sponsored Links
Yep - sorry about that - didn't read the post properly.

£75 for the service

:oops:

IF the boiler has been properly serviced within the last two years and is burning cleanly then I would charge £74 to service plus £35 for a CP12 at the same time.

But if not serviced and not burning cleanly then I treat it as a repair and would charge about £124 plus £35 for the certificate.

They also need proper ventilation present which some do not.

Tony

My boss priced the job at £120, that was a thermocouple as well, he usually changes them at the same time as he services the BB.

£120 is a tad on the high side mate!, why change a thermocouple that is perfectly fine ?

£75 is perfect. 100% profit no parts required.!

IF the boiler has been properly serviced within the last two years and is burning cleanly then I would charge £74 to service plus £35 for a CP12 at the same time.

But if not serviced and not burning cleanly then I treat it as a repair and would charge about £124 plus £35 for the certificate.

Tony

Tony, if the boiler is working but is just burning yellow. And a service would cure this problem why on earth are you charging for a breakdown!!

That's a bit naughty that tbh!

What is the point servicing a boiler if it's got a lovely blue flame!! You can not expect to rock up to a bbu expect it all to be spotless!

Come on be fair.

Tony

Jesus Tony you come out with some good ones, i suppose you charge more for a dirty one as its hard to take Henry on the tube?

Tony, if the boiler is working but is just burning yellow. And a service would cure this problem why on earth are you charging for a breakdown!!

That's a bit naughty that tbh!

What is the point servicing a boiler if it's got a lovely blue flame!! You can not expect to rock up to a bbu expect it all to be spotless!

Come on be fair.

I think its perfectly fair!

That model needs servicing every year.

If its burning yellow I classify that as AR and it should be turned off! That means that it is an urgent visit which I aim to do the same or next day.

I remove the burner and wash it out as well as scraping every gas way in the c.i. heat exchanger. That takes about two hours including servicing the fire front and with proper testing and the gas certificate.

A service to me means a routine service on a boiler which is working fine and can be done whenever its convenient and typically within seven days. But NOT as a same day emergency on a broken down boiler.

Be aware that many engineers refuse to work on them!

Tony

It is up to an individual to decide on his charging structure - but how can you justify £35 for a piece of paper ? A proper service on a BBU would entail the elements of a CP12 (apart from maybe a tightness test for some)

That takes about two hours including servicing the fire front and with proper testing and the gas certificate.

Was waiting for this....two hours :LOL: What a cowboy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back