Baxi back boiler no hot water but central heating working?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I get my boiler serviced regularly and at its last service in Ausust it was fine and dandy. I have had no problems with it at all but today i got up and have had no hot water all day. The central heating is working fine and the pilot is lit but i dont have any ideas as to why the hot water isnt working. Does anyone have any ideas?

Sponsored Links
As you have not given us much info, one can only presume it is a fully pumped system and either the 2 port hot water zone valve has failed or the 3 port valve if you have one.

In the airing cupboard do you have a pump and two silver boxes (possible other colour and plastic) attached to pipes one going to HW cylinder. If so then the one going to cylinder is faulty..

IF you don`t and your pump only comes on when the heating is on but not when HW only is on . Check the small tank in loft to make sure ball valve has not jamned and tank emptied

Sponsored Links
In the airing cupboard bottom silver box has a actuating lever on the top, between the boxes a branch goes off to the pump. The top smaller box the pipe leads to the tank.

Hi

Don't forget tank thermostat could have gone.
less likely programmer fault.

HTH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back