Baxi Bermuda 401 Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i am having a problem with my baxi 401 when i turn the main switch on in the bedroom the 3amp fuse in it keeps blowing i thought it might be the pump but it is only 12months old other than that i have no idea any help would be much appreciated.[/b]

Sponsored Links
system ?

just because the pump is 12 month old don't mean jack

disconnect it first

could be zone valves

could be gas valve

could be a mouse has chewed the wiring :confused:

could be anything. a compotent person should be able diagnose it. an a electrician would be first port of call. but probably in the end it will be a plumber thats called in to do the work.

could be anything. a compotent person should be able diagnose it. an a electrician would be first port of call. but probably in the end it will be a plumber thats called in to do the work.

Nah, call a plumber / heating engineer first. Should diagnose within 15 mins max

Sponsored Links
A competent heating engineer will be able to deal with any heating system faults.

Usually the pump. They can fail after one day or 20 years!

Tony

If its blowing a fuse straight away when the fused spur switch is turned on with clock in the off position then your first port of call is the motorised valve .
Check around it for little water leak dripping into it (pump valve spindle the usual culprit) occasionally its a leak within the valve/

could be pump but most common is melted flex or cable where it runs too close to the burner and has gone crispy and shorted or just melted through.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back