baxi bermuda inset 2 50/4

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi boiler making noises. grivity hotwater, pumped heating. in a morning in the summer time, when just hotwater comes on for the frist time and starts to get upto temp. banging noises start, only the once, then it is ok for the rest of the day. in the winter time when the heating comes on as well no noises or banging. the boiler stat is working ok it just frist thing in a moring. can anybody help

Sponsored Links
hi boiler making noises. grivity hotwater, pumped heating. in a morning in the summer time, when just hotwater comes on for the frist time and starts to get upto temp. banging noises start, only the once, then it is ok for the rest of the day. in the winter time when the heating comes on as well no noises or banging. the boiler stat is working ok it just frist thing in a moring. can anybody help

hi thanks for that, but is that what i ask for, or has it got a name or make or number, please. thanks wellington

Fernox or Sentinel make the stuff. Ask in your plumbers merchants. It's not guaranteed to work 100% but it may help. I always add it to a radiator that has been drained. Pour it into the top of the rad after removing one of the top plugs.

Sponsored Links
hi thanks all for that, will give it a go. but i world like to fine out, why it only makes a noise, just once when it first comes on in a morning.

wellington

If there's a lot of sludge in the system then the water may be slow to start circulating on the gravity side first thing. Once it's stirred up the sludge and starts moving it's ok. Banging usually indicates an overheating boiler.

It wont do it when heating is on, as the pump will move the water away from the boiler and help stir things up to aid the gravity circulation. I would try some X400 in there first, let that work its way round for a few weeks, give the system a good flush through, (take rads off and hose out if need be), then add some X100 and see what happens.

If you press the shift key when starting a sentence, you will get a free capital letter! :LOL:

If there's a lot of sludge in the system then the water may be slow to start circulating on the gravity side first thing. Once it's stirred up the sludge and starts moving it's ok. Banging usually indicates an overheating boiler.

It wont do it when heating is on, as the pump will move the water away from the boiler and help stir things up to aid the gravity circulation. I would try some X400 in there first, let that work its way round for a few weeks, give the system a good flush through, (take rads off and hose out if need be), then add some X100 and see what happens.

Hi Thanks for that reply. I will Give it a Go.

Thanks
Wellington

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back