Baxi Bermuda not Firing (another one!)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All,

Until yesterday, I'd had no problems with my old Baxi Bermuda 552 Back Boiler. For no reason at all, the boiler is not now firing, but the pilot light is on.

Everything else appears OK. I don't use the fire, and so wasn't sure whether it would fire either. Turned it on for a few seconds but that didn't light either (may be unrelated but thought sensible to mention).

Have tried everything I can think of (which isn't much). Any good ideas before the queen's finest dogs get called in.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Could be its not getting a signal from the programmer or motorised valves to activate the gas valve. If its the gas valve Corgi required if its electrical as in power to the gas valve you could use a spark or a corgi will find it too. Or if your handy with a multimeter check to see if you get a signal to the gas valve. You should not take or need to take off the fire to access the gas valve terminals. Have you got a room stat check its turned up so it clicks if the power is coming from the programmer.

Gas valve would not affect fire front! Electrics to fire front (if indeed it needs them) are seperate.

I would suspect gas valve once proved 240V to boiler. Not much else on these simple boilers ;)

If you have electric ignition to fire as opposed to piezo . The electrics should come from same source so check to see if isolation switch in vicinity of boiler has accidently been switched off or fuse at spur has blown

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back