Baxi Bermuda VP fire: glass front panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have been quoted a ridiculous price for a replacement glass front panel (225391) for a BAXI Bermuda VP fire. Does anyone know where I could get one at a reasonable price? Thanks
[email protected]

Sponsored Links
Glass for fires has become a stupid price for what it is.
www.gas-spares.co.uk
Do it at £178 plus vat you should get a 20% discount on that price.

It can be claimed on building insurance as its classed as fixed glass

Thanks for your help NAMSAG, but by the time I've paid to have it shipped and fitted it is still more than I can afford. Do you think it might be possible to have a vertical crack fixed? or to use a secondhand glass panel if I can find one?

There is someone on ebay selling the glass sections without the frame, but i didnt think they could just be replaced and still dont.

Your best bet is check local papers ,ebay and see if someone is selling the whole fire off as a few are coming out now.

The VP uses same glass as the SP and baxi baroque fire

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice NAMSAG, I've searched a bit more on the web since I posted and it seems that (if I was in the UK) I could get a secondhand replacement fire for about half the price I have been quoted for the glass panel over here. I suppose I'll go on looking and hope I can find someone to collect one if I get one at a fair price.....

Just in case anyone else has this problem (especially to avoid getting ripped off by the BAXI distributor in Ireland) a word of advice....

I would not advise repairing this yourself because the panel assembly is tricky and there is a good chance that you might break a glass pane when trying, and there could be safety issues. Its the glass itself that is expensive so you would probably not save much anyway.

Instead bring the glass panel (in metal frame) to a reputable glaziers that does stove glass. I brought mine to a local glaziers today and he agreed to replace the cracked large glass pane with suitable heat-resistant glass for €90 (about £75). Still a bit expensive but a lot cheaper than buying a panel from BAXI or its agents, and avoids the risk of a second-hand panel getting broken in the post.

The glass panel only takes seconds to remove and re-fit (see instructions in your operating instructions).

:rolleyes: I have just cracked the front glass on my Baxi Bermuda VP any ideas of where to get any new glass I hace seached the internet but none.???

BAXI 225391 GLASS
BERMUDA SP,VP,ARENA,BAROQUE

Retail Price (ex VAT) £256.95
Retail Price (inc VAT) £308.34

But then your RGI will know where to find it.

Why would they need an RGI its in user instructions how to remove and clean it.

www.gas-spares.co.uk

£229.52 inc vat and 8.40 delivery
you can claim on your building insurance for this as its classed as fixed glass

There is a complete sp on ebay but its norfolk so a bit far from you

I today posted the below blog on the other post looking for glass for Baxi Baroque .... but i notice on there they have Bermuda also.... not sure if its the same as your looking for..

Post on other Blog..........I bought one out of local paper (old fire) and took the glass out...gave it to my fitter... worked out much cheaper. Since Ive seen these guys and price looks good (reduced to around £50) - http://fireparts.com/stove-glasses-lists/stove-glass-baxi-fire

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2595384#2595384#ixzz2E0g6f3MK

whatsupjonny";p="2595445 said:
I today posted the below blog on the other post looking for glass for Baxi Baroque
whatsupjonny";p="2595445 said:
That would be your reply to 3 and a half year old post :eek: :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back