Baxi bernuda rad system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

New here and first post is a ask, lol.

Right, last year my radiatore pump decided to go ping, but at the time me and the wife was away for the christmas period as usuall, anyway my daughter was at home. When i got back to -15c i started to give it a bang ect but to no avail...... but, the rads upstairs got hot so me being a tight git made do and when it got to summer i just totally forgot. NOW we are expecting the minusus again i dug deep into my pocket and purchased one.
Fitted ok and working fine except the living room and hall way rads are the same as before and not getting warm or anything, not even any preasure when i try to bleed them, no sssssing or water nothing.

Because i am no plumber i didnt see the valves at the sides of the pump, well i did but didnt know what they were for and yes i lost lots and lots of water, could this have somthing to do with it, do i need to bleed the rads or somthing and how, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Paul

Sponsored Links
it sounds like an air lock
r other downstairs rads ok
r rad valves open
i would check the small expansion tank in the loft to make sure its got water in it
turn off heating-back fill system-
have you got a drainoff valve you could jubilee clip a hose pipe to it (be careful-use towels etc)and connect other end to out side tap- turn on slowly -not for too long
enough to vent rads which you have problems with and a short while longer
turn off os-tap-turn off drainoff and see what happens- turn on boiler

Firstly check small tank in loft has water in it. Bleed pump, (loosen big silver screw in the centre until water dribbles out). (I assume pump is fitted the right way around?)

If ok, then turn off all rads that are working, this should force the circulation through rads that arent working. If you have thermostatic valves fitted, remove the heads and check the pin is free to move up and down.

Bleed rads with pump OFF!

Try turning off the valves on all the working rads to force air out of non-working ones.

Also, try leaving pump on slowest speed for 2 or 3 days, then whack it up to top speed. Have had this work for me many times.

Did you bleed the pump?

Sponsored Links
Thankyou all for your replys, very impresive.

Here we go, none are working now, :D Cant believe it, the pumps pumping away like a gud'n but now no rads are even warm.

I have a back boiler with the pump to the right of the chimney brest, there is a funny shapped tap with a facility to open and close it near the pump, i am asuming this is for emptying the system.

Re the water tank, in our back bedroom there are cuboards with the copper system and above this is a large black water tank with a ball cock inside, in the other cuboard right next to it is another black water tank but smaller, both have water in them.

Bled the pump.

HELP...........Please

check all rads r on
motorize valve-is your hot water working-try manually moving valve across their should be a lever on the side that points to a & b pull it across (or push)and see if heat travels down heating pipework if not already
what does your valve look like
is your room thermostat working-turn up does boiler fire - turn down does boiler stop firing

Opened all bleeding valves on rads (little nipple screw at the top)

Totaly drained the system, nothing in the rads or the header tank, turned water back on and header tank started to fill.

Herd Hissing in one bedroom (rad filling) closed when water appered.
Did same with 3 more upstairs.

Waited for 5 hours with bleed nipples open on 2 downstairs rads but nothing, no preasure, water, air nothing,

Closed all rads upstairs and turned on pump to try and force water in, still nothing, closed bleed nipples and give up.

Funny thing is, upstairs rads now getting hot.

Is there a system to do this procedure.

did you manage to get water out of rads
what have you tried

Well i presume i got it all out, there was a valve at the side of the chimmney brest near the pump, fixed a hose pipe to it and turned it to open, did this until nothing was comming out.

Then did what i have explained above on last reply.

take airpins out completely. clean hole with a pin, push air pin back in quickly when air starts to escape

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back