Baxi boiler code E168 help pls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi My Baxi HE33 Platinum has worked fine all summer when just hot water was required.

Now its getting colder and I have turned on the central heating I get E168 fault

The symptoms are as follows

Central heating is turned on and it works fine all the rads get up to temp and the digital readout goes up nicely, when it has reached room temp and shuts itself off and the digital read out goes down the boiler then goes in to the fault mode and nothing works.

Any help appreciated

Neil

Sponsored Links
I went to one which was because the user kept turning off the power to the boiler.

The actual fault was a blocked condensate pipe!

Tony

Sponsored Links
OP, talk to Baxi. Boiler possibly still under warranty

Hi All, Just thought I'de come back with an update for future readers.

I called in a gas engineer who did lots of tests and discovered we had a faulty THERMISTER which was not reading the correct temp!
Problem solved we thought so new part fitted from the van but no luck same old problem so it must be the pcb which has been blown by the faulty Thermister.

New pcb board ordered from the internet fitted properly using the correct earth strap to stop damaging the transistors etc

PROBLEM SOLVED. all working fine now!!!

Expensive fix having already bought and fitted a new motorised head for the three way valve (Anyone need a new Motorised head) going cheap!!

Neil (Devon)

The PCB would never have been damaged by a thermistor ! Sounds like a wrong diagnosis!

But the PCBs on those models don't seem as reliable as one would expect.

I keep them in stock.

But before rushing to check them I very carefully check everything else on the boiler.

Tony

Well all I can say is,

I'm not a gas engineer and he has been for over 40yrs and the new pcb board has fixed the problem and as the Thermister was the only fault he could find after about 1.30hrs mins of testing it looked a pretty dead cert to us and it is now working fine.
Neil

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back