Baxi Boston Combi Boiler extinguishing flame

pko

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I wonder if anybody has any experience with the above gas boiler extinguishing the pilot flame when C/H thernostat cutting in. Heating water only is no problem. C/H works fine until temperature is reached but when C/H returning to pilot flame, the flame flickers wildly and goes out after a loud click.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Regards, PKO.

Sponsored Links
one slight problem is its not a combi mate :confused:

if it is a baxi boston try adjusting the pilot flame to make it bigger ;)

many thanks for your prompt reply. The boiler is a Boston 40 of.
Looking at the grey on/off switch, there is a large screw cap to the right of it. I have removed this & behind it is a nylon screw. Screwing this fully in, then out didn't make any difference to the pilot. Next to this is a grey box with a warning "do not afjust pilot", & beneath that is a small screw. I screwed this in & out but this didn't alter the pilot. I don't know if I have actually adjusted the pilot as it looks the same, but at the moment it is running ok, but will monitor this evening. Once again, many thanks for your help.

pko said:
many thanks for your prompt reply. The boiler is a Boston 40 of.
Looking at the grey on/off switch, there is a large screw cap to the right of it. I have removed this & behind it is a nylon screw. Screwing this fully in, then out didn't make any difference to the pilot. Next to this is a grey box with a warning "do not afjust pilot", & beneath that is a small screw. I screwed this in & out but this didn't alter the pilot. I don't know if I have actually adjusted the pilot as it looks the same, but at the moment it is running ok, but will monitor this evening. Once again, many thanks for your help.

You've just knackered your main burner pressure settings.

Sponsored Links
gazthepottertonengineer said:
best to call corgi engineer in to set your gas valve up properly as this can only be done with a manometer !!!

I think he has left the building!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back