BAXI COMBI 105 HE. Expansion Vessel Problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Look's like the boiler expansion vessel has failed.
Pressure gauge rising over 2.5 Bar, and water squirting from the shrader valve when depressed.
Considering fitting an external EV but this boiler has a combined EV and pre-heat store. ( Two pipes going to the vessel).
Will this situation rule out fitting an external EV on this model of boiler?
Advice appreciated.
Gary.

Sponsored Links
You can still fit an external vessel. You can turn off the preheat if you like. If you keep preheat on then it will just heat up more water in the vessel.

Which direction does the flue go? If it goes out to the side the the vessel can be slide out the top and replaced like for like. If it flues out backwards thenan RGI would need to disconnect flue reconnect etc

Hi,
Thanks for the fast reply.
The problem I have, the boiler has been fitted in a very tight space close to the ceiling. even though the flue goes out sideways, there is no headroom or sideroom to slide out the EV.
If I installed an external EV would I just leave the original in situe, or would any capping off be required?
Cheers. Gary.

Leave it in place. It will be ok as long as its only the rubber inside thats perished.
When fitting the external EV get it as close to the boiler on the CH return pipe

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back