Baxi Combi 105 HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help! My combi boiler has broke. central heating working but no hot water. Tried reset to no avail. Hot water light wont light up. Cant afford a plummer any suggestions? :cry:

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Try reading your way through it all the instructions and pictures are on the link already given ;)

As namsag has stated, the instructions are there to guide you through basically what to do but in all honesty it would probably be more cost effective for you to call somebody in. In some instances it may not even require a part and could just be a grommit that has slipped and stopping the pin from making contact, it has been known. You could end up craeting more problems if you don't have a great idea in what you are doing.

its probably gonna cost you anywhere between £60 - £100 (if it is just the diaphragm) pounds to fix is it really worth the hassle of getting the right tools and possibly bodging it

This may get you temp hot water.

Under the boiler locate and switch off the cold water tap (black tap, turn 90°)
Open your hot tap at the sink
Now, open the cold water tap under the boiler, switch this on as quickly as possible.

The right tools a posi a flat bladed screw driver and an adjustable spanner . I would imagine most people have these in the house ;)

Its not dangerous but look out for the spring that may shoot out and make sure you put diaphragm in the correct way up.

Instructions are dead straight forward 9 screws and 1 nut and its done . No need to drain the system but do make sure you turn the cold off

its probably gonna cost you anywhere between £60 - £100 (if it is just the diaphragm) pounds to fix is it really worth the hassle of getting the right tools and possibly bodging it

We charge £106 in our local area of London to include a basic service.

I agree that Cumbria should be considerably cheaper so that price range is probably about right.

Maybe Crazyman should share the cost?

Tony

We charge £106 in our local area of London to include a basic service.

I agree that Cumbria should be considerably cheaper so that price range is probably about right.

Maybe Crazyman should share the cost?

Tony
. xx
There is no crazyman! going to try to fix it soon, got morning off work. thanx

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back