Baxi Combi 80e Central heating problem water not circulating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. just tried to fire up the central heating side of my combi, but no joy. :cry:
it fires up and heats the water but it does not circulate. i have good sytem pressure, and light on for the pump and safety thermostat activated. (not flashing). does anyone think the pump might have seized, as on our old boiler we had to give it a tap at the start of winter. to get it going?. all answer gratefully received :) .

Sponsored Links
Its very likely that the pump has seized if you have not run the heating for 5 min every week.

The usual pump has a black plastic knob, unscrew anticlock and pull it forwads and it engages with the rotor and will usually enable you to rock it until it becomes free.

Push knob back and screw it in and it will probably then work.

If the pump is turning then the diverter valve has probably failed ( or might have seized but thats unlikely as they can still move during the summer ).

Tony

Thanks for ths sppey replie Tony. i have found the problem. the heating return valve was in the off position!!
i didnt turn it off, it must have been the guy that serviced it this spring?. anyhoo no leaks at all, so alls well :D .

Agile BAXI COMBI why would heating need to be on 5 minutes a week.

Apart from pump working everytime hot tap is turned on it has a 24 hour if no use then self check.

Sponsored Links
I was thinking of the Combi 80e ( alias Puma ) which does not operate the pump during DHW use.

Not all combis operate the pump during DHW. Those that dont benefit from exercising the heating once a week as does a conventional system.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back